Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Open ERP Training module - updates

First of all, my project for a training company continues.

We did 3 days of interviews (mind mapping) and drafted the functional perimeter (a structured list of points). Basically for my customer there are two business lines Open Courses (OC) and Intra Courses (IC). The same difference is present in Open ERP training module.

The subscription mechanism, the catalog and offer concepts fill the need for a training center.  There is also a few screens for 'Intra' which is basically what I call IC.

For my customer, I think on the OC side we have a 99% match. For IC, the situation is more complex. If things go on, I will post more on this project.In fact the training module is so good that most of the work will be for other business management aspects...

Typically the offering process is more complex for IC because by nature the offers are customized to suit the customers requirements. My customer see each of these offers as a 'project' - the current Intra functionality is elementary compared to their needs (sales management, commissioning, revenue recognition, international aspects,...).

Anyway it seems this training module is gaining interest and I saw some posts on the Tiny partners list.

Without revealing any secret (and nothing official here), we can expect the training module to merge with the trunk within a few weeks.  So I hope to find it in extra addons before the end of the year...

Good to know, currently the initial customer for which the module has been developed is in production.

As far as I know they are still at work for the portals. We should have 4 pre-defined portals:student (agenda, achievement, tests results,...), customers-partners (to enroll their employees), suppliers (to view and confirm orders) and teachers (planning + confirmation, access to training material).

On the roadmap they still have the scanning of documents (exams, evaluation form,...).

No comments: