Thursday, April 24, 2008

Office 2007

Office 2007 is a major interface change. Changing an interface that people are used to is always an issue. I admit, I hate it, its only purpose seems to fill more space on screens that are getting bigger...

Today I wanted to change the outline numbering of my paragraps, so paragraph numbering would look 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 - 2, 2.1 etc.

Where is that? First difficulty is finding the Modify Style dialog. The good old menus are gone...

Finally a right click on the Style Toolbox/TextBox on the ribbon (I did not first, this was calle the style gallery...) starts the dialog. Having spent one hour on this dialog (productivity gain announced by MS seems a joke), I could not changed the outline numbering.

Finally I Googled, and found http://kitss.wordpress.com/2007/08/08/word-and-numbering-2-outline-numbering/
.

Well, select your style on the Toolbox then click on the Drop-dow (multi-level level) in the group Paragraph and yes... there you can change this outline numbering!

Do you know other way of doing it? Let me know.

No comments: