Monday, September 14, 2009

Oracle & SUN - Marketing

A few articles today on the net as Oracle launched an advertising campaign attempting to keep customers wit Sun hardware platform. I don't care about this pure marketing stuff. It just indicates how non convincing the deal was. May be they will later changing boxes colors. This classic white is now so boring...

I remember once an analyst explained why Next failled - because the hardware was black. Time changes (I just bought a black Sony Vaio) ...

More worrying to me is the absence of direction for Java itself. Java 7 seems to be a pack of non features (closure), long time sleeping stuff (Swing app framework) and self competing material (modularity - OSGI like).

Marketing tricks cannot do anything against lack of vision and I fear for Java and its community...

No comments: